Information on data protection and data processing when visiting our website
These pages provide information concerning the processing of your personal data by the association of Villa Romana (termed “Villa Romana” in the following), which is listed in the register of associations of the Local Court of Frankfurt am Main under the registration number VR 14576, and concerning your data protection rights when visiting the website http://www.villaromana.org.
Body responsible for data processing
Villa Romana, represented by the executive board
Christoph Marx (chairman)
Michael Münch (treasurer)
Dr. Brigitte Oetker
Dr. Claudia Schmidt-Matthiesen
Dr. Ansgar Pallasky
Villa Romana e.V.
c/o Deutsche Bank AG
Art, Culture & Sports
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Artist House and Offices
Via Senese 68
50124 Florenz, Italien
Tel. + 39 055 221654
District Court Frankfurt am Main, VR 14576
Tax number 133/5910/2410
Purpose and legal grounds for data processing when visiting the website
Please note that when visiting our website www.villaromana.org the browser you employ on your device will automatically send information to our website’s server. This information is stored temporarily in a Logfile. The following information is captured without any action on your part and is stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP-address of the device sending the request,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the requested file,
- website from which access originated (referrer URL),
- the browser and operating system of your device, as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data, which is not directly related to the individual person, is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring frictionless establishment of a connection with the website,
- Ensuring effortless use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and system stability, as well as
- Other administrative purposes.
If the data can be related to a person, the legal basis for the data processing mentioned here is given in Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (f) of the Data Protection Regulations (DSGVO). Our justified interest is grounded in the purposes for data capture listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
If you wish to subscribe to the free newsletter offered on our website, you will be required to provide an email address and confirmation of your consent to receive the newsletter. Further data will not be collected. These data are used exclusively for the transmission of the newsletter and to document your consent.
We share your email address with our technical service MailChimp, The Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA, for the purposes of email dispatch. MailChimp is certified under the EU/Swiss-US-Privacy-Shield and is therefore considered a safe third country. Information on the data protection rules for this service provider can be found under https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy.
The processing of the email address that you enter into the newsletter registration form is carried out exclusively on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (a) DSGVO. You can withdraw your consent to the storage of your email address and to its use for the purpose of sending the newsletter at any time, either via an informal email message (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly via the unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of every issue of our newsletter.
The data you share with us in order to subscribe to the newsletter will be stored by us until such time as you unsubscribe from the newsletter and remove your name from the subscription list of the newsletter.
The data captured by cookies are required for the purpose of guaranteeing our justified interests as well as those of third parties as given above and in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 (f) DSGVO.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that cookies are not saved on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is saved. However, be aware that full deactivation of cookies may mean that you are unable to use all the functions of our website.
Social Media Plug-Ins (Facebook)
Plug-ins for the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, are integrated on our website for justified advertising purposes. The legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (f) DSGVO. Facebook plug-ins can be identified by the Facebook logo or the “Like Button” on our website. An overview of the Facebook plug-ins can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins. Facebook is certified under the EU/Swiss-US-Privacy-Shield and is therefore considered a safe third country. Information on the data protection rules of this service provider can be found under https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
If you access a page on our website that contains a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The plug-in content will be transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and is then embedded in the web page.
Plug-in integration means that Facebook receives information that your browser has requested a particular page on our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account and even if you are not currently logged in to Facebook.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and is stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook will be able make a direct match between your visit to our website and your Facebook account. When you interact with the plug-ins, for example, by clicking on the “LIKE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and is stored there. This information will also be published on Facebook and can be viewed by your Facebook Friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and for required design of Facebook pages. In order to achieve this, Facebook establishes use, interest and relationship profiles which, for example, are used to evaluate your use of our website in relationship to the advertising that is shown to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services connected to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to connect the data captured via our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
For information on the purpose and extent of data capture and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and settings options for privacy protection, please read Facebook’s data protection rules (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy).
Distribution and sharing of data
With the exception of the cases explained above, we will only share your data, if
- distribution is required according to Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (f) DSGVO for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal rights and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in the non-distribution of your data.
- according to Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (c) DSGVO a legal obligation exists or distribution is legally permissible and is necessary according to Art. 6 Para. 1.1 (b) DSGVO for the execution of contractual relationship with you.
The transfer of data to third parties for purposes other than those stated here will not take place.
Data subject rights
Your have the right
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO to request information concerning your personal data processed by us. In particular you can request information concerning the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients with whom your data have been or are being shared, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to revision, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data insofar as they were not captured by us, as well as the existence of an automatic decision making process, including profiling and, where necessary, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- to request in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO the rectification without delay of incorrect or incomplete personal data that is stored by us;
- to request in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as the processing of your data is not necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of speech and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons based in the public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO the limitation of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is contested by you or processing is unlawful, but you refuse the deletion of said data, while we no longer require the data, but you require them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have entered an objection to the data processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, current and machine-readable format, or to request that they be transmitted to another responsible body.
- in accordance with Art. 7 Abs. 3 DSGVO to withdraw at any time permissions issued at an earlier date. A brief, informal email sent to us (email@example.com) is sufficient. The lawfulness of data processing until the time of permission withdrawal shall remain untouched by the permission withdrawal.
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legally justified interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 11 (f) DSGVO, you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, to file an appeal against the processing of your personal data insofar as reasons stemming from your particular situation exist or insofar as the appeal is directed against direct advertising. A brief, informal message by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is sufficient. In the latter case, you have a general right of appeal, which will be applied by us without any requirement to state a special situation.
In addition, you have the option of taking a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority. The data protection supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte (Commissioner for Data Protection, Hesse)
PO Box 3163
Telefon: +49 611 1408 - 0
Telefax: +49 611 1408 – 611
For security reasons and for the protection of data transmission, this website uses confidential content, such as requests that you send to us as the website operator, SSL and TLS encryption. An encrypted connection can be recognised in the address line of your browser when “http://” changes to “https://” and by the padlock symbol in your browser line. When the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties. However, please note that online data transmission can experience security breaches. Complete protection of data against third party access is not possible.
Period of validity and amendments to this data protection statement
This data protection statement is valid as of May 2018.
New technologies and the continuous development of this website mean that amendments to this data protection statement can be undertaken. We therefore recommend that you re-read this data protection statement at regular intervals. You can access the most current version at any time via the website of the association.